Please scroll down to view the entire policy and then click Accept.
Member Code of Conduct
As a Member of the Chamber, I/we recognize that membership is a privilege and that a membership brings with it the responsibility to assure that all members understand and commit to the following Code of Conduct.
The Code of Conduct shall, without limitation, require members and all participants of Chamber-sponsored programs to:
- Abide by the Bylaws of the Chamber and the Sanford Area Growth Alliance for any applicable programs of the Chamber. The Bylaws serve as the governing document for all programs and will supersede all other documents.
- Refrain from publicly disparaging the business practices of fellow members and refrain from condoning or engaging in misrepresentation or unethical practices.
- Conduct business and professional activities in a reputable manner so as to reflect honorably upon the business community and fellow Chamber members.
- Respect the reputation, profile and status of the Chamber, and represent the Chamber accordingly.
- The Chamber is fully committed to promote a culture of inclusion, diversity and respect. When dealing with others, members are expected to:
- Be respectful, fair and civil;
- Speak candidly and truthfully;
- Avoid all forms of harassment, illegal discrimination, threats or violence;
- Understand, support and promote the Vision and Mission of the Chamber and cooperate with fellow members in the application of this Code of Conduct;
- Whenever reasonably possible, participate in the functions and activities of the Chamber;
- Observe the highest standards of ethics in rendering services and/or offering products for sale, based on the members’ own knowledge and expertise;
- Refrain from engaging in any practices prohibited by law or seeking unfair advantage over fellow members;
- Conform to all laws established by Municipal, State and Federal governments for the control of said business, where applicable; and
- Present a true presentation in all advertising and advertise goods and services in accordance with all Municipal, State and Federal legislation.
I/we also understand that the failure to adhere to the professional and personal obligations of the Chamber, as outlined above, and defined in the Chamber Bylaws, can result in the termination of my/our membership.
Anti-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy
The Chamber believes that a policy prohibiting discrimination, harassment or sexual harassment is in the best interest of our organization and our members. For this reason, it will be the policy of The Chamber to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws relating to discrimination or harassment. Chamber members are expected to operate in a professional and ethical manner.